View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Batter up!

I was looking through the sports pages today when I spotted the following under TV listings:

Mets vs. Cardinals

Yes, Spring Training is here!

I am a baseball fan. I divide my loyalties between two teams - the Mets and Boston.

The 1986 World Series was heaven!

And given my loyalties, I am undivided in my antipathy for that other New York team (I think they are called the Yankees, or some such jingoistic name).

Of course, when it comes to my fantasy teams, I take good players from any team.

This year I have three teams - my traditional Geneva Spiders, the Holy Rollers, and this year, in honor of a certain Presidential candidate I actually did support, Huckabee's Hawks.

Let the games begin.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home