View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Pro-life ad rejected


This powerful but positive and tasteful ad was rejected by NBC for the Super Bowl.

They said it was because they did not want to run ads involving "political advocacy or issues."

Yet when PETA tried to buy time for a sexually suggestive ad that clearly involved political advocacy, they were just told that if they toned down the sexuality there might be a chance of it running.

Double standard?

I was not overly interested in the game, but I probably would have watched some of it.

Now, I won't bother. And I will let them know why.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right! It stinks. I was hoping that it would make the commercials at the Super Bowl. I'm thinking of writing a letter to NBC and NFL Commissioner.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit me and double thanks for not watching the game.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home