View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Bishop Tobin - No to abortion vote

"I don't know about you, dear reader, but I could never vote for a candidate - of any party for any office - who supports laws that promote or allow the death of thousands of children in the hideous crime of abortion. I just don't want that on my conscience."

-- Bishop Thomas T. Tobin, Oct 31, Rhode Island Catholic

In the rest of the column he takes on the notion of "equality" of social issues. Abortion, he contends, takes precedence.

http://thericatholic.com/stories/1612.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home