View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jeannie Baxter, 1914-2006


My Grandmother, Jeannie Baxter, passed away yesterday.

She was often described as spunky and feisty. She most certainly was.

The last few years - and especially the last year after the death of her only daughter (my mother) - have been difficult, so this is one of those deaths that, while sad, is welcome.

Say hi to the Boss for me, Nana. And give Mom a hug.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

Peace,

Michael

The Wild Reed

7:24 PM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

May she be granted eternal rest, Mr. Strong. My grandmother -- Nani -- about five years your Nana's junior and a resident at St. Ann's, is suffering from progressive dementia. I fear she won't be with us for very much longer.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home