View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

St. Tutilo: a worthy model

Now that I’ve finished my Robin Hood play, I’m looking for another writing project.

The horror novel I’ve partly finished?

The collection of children’s poetry?

Revising and trying to publish “The Grumpy Shepherd” (a Christmas Story)?

The idea I’ve had for a series of allegorical plays about the Seven Deadly Sins?

Turning my song, “There’s a Great Big Monster under My Bed,” into a children’s book?

Finishing the hymn I’ve been mulling over?

Too many ideas.

One of my vices is that I skip from idea to idea without finishing many of them. I get bored easily.

Interestingly enough, today is the Feast of St. Tutilo, a Renaissance man (or monk) from the 10th Century.

He was a Benedictine monk who was a poet, a portrait painter, a sculptor, an orator, an architect, a composer, a musician, and a teacher.

Naturally, he is believed to have been born in Ireland.

Only three poems and one hymn remain of all of his works, but some of his paintings and sculptures can still be found.

He was also humble and prayerful.

Got me there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home