View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Robin Hood


I have not been writing in my blog much these last few days.

We ordered a preview script about Robin Hood for the school play, and the kids voted it down.

They said it wasn’t funny enough.

They then asked me to write an original one (I’d done it before).

Phew. I have been whipping it into shape – but have had little time for anything else.

Our read through is set for next Monday. I still have the final three scenes to complete.

Then I have to go back, smooth some scenes out, correct typos and spelling, and refine the dialogue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

If you don't mind, I would love to look at it! I'm a theatre nerd. I get a kick out of that stuff.

11:25 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Laura - I'll start putting it in in installments. The play is designed for junior high/high school, and so I've made use of some humor aimed at their level.

Look for bits of it by Monday.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home