View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Friends - good


When I was in high school, I ran for student government.

I figured the only way I could win was by being funny and clever, so I came up with a series of posters with pictures of famous monsters on them

One of them looked like this:


Look what happens if you don’t vote for Lee Strong.

I lost, but it was close. I later learned that a couple of my friends – who had been campaigning for me – never got around to voting themselves!

So it goes.

Don’t forget to vote for the Catholic Blog Awards. (http://www.catholicblogawards.com/)

Nonvoters, bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Are you sure your name isn't Bart Simpson? (for this to be funny you have to have seen the episode where he ran for class president and had it won ... if anyone had remembered to actually vote). :-D

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home