View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Umm, I don't think I needed to know this...

Since my mother passed away last fall, and my dad moved into an adult home, I’ve had all their mail forwarded to my house.

Amid all the bills, bank statements, health insurance statements, etc, there are catalogues.

Lots of catalogues.

Catalogues for country notions, gift items, clothes, healthcare items.

I think I’ve averaged a dozen catalogues a week, all addressed to mom.

Today I got a catalogue from “World Famous Catalogues.”

I opened it.

There are listings for glass gifts. Spring styles. Nautical gifts. Mystique’s Natural Nude Beauties DVD. Specialty Teas.

Wait a minute: Mystique’s Natural Nude Beauties??

And Graphic Novels, Erotic Art Books?

Bondage gear?

Swankyville Adult Videos?

Swedish Sex Formula?

Naughty Teens???

Mom!!!!!!!

See, we never really know our parents.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean Heimann said...

Once you get on their lists, you receive every catalogue under the sun.

11:22 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

lee, this was so funny - i bet you thought they were no longer intimate, either, didntcha?

:)

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home