View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Supreme Court limericks

Some pro-choice extremists I hear
are feeling today out of cheer.
Judge Roberts, it seems,
just gives them bad dreams,
that the end of Roe might be near.

Extremists inhabit both sides.
Their views, the nation divides.
There’s so few around
who seek middle ground –
passion oft reason overrides.

When the hearings begin, don’t you know,
The two sides will put on a show.
You want civil discourse?
They’ll just scream till they’re hoarse,
leaving us a hard Roe to hoe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Very clever - I like it!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home