View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Archbishop Dolan Coming to Rochester


New York Archbishop Timothy M. Dolan will be the homilist at a 10:30 a.m. Mass June 22, 2010, at Sacred Heart Cathedral, 296 Flower City Park, Rochester.

Bishop Matthew H. Clark invited him to the Mass, which will honor St. John Fisher, the patron saint of the Diocese of Rochester, on his feast day. The Mass will also honor the service of our 25- and 50-year priest jubilarians, and will be the culmination of the Year for Priests.

All are welcome to attend.

The Good Looking One and I hope to attend - if we can get in! I have read two of the Archbishop's books, and liked them. And I admire his honesty and openness to confronting the culture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home