View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Missing a Pax Christi meeting

There's a Pax Christi meeting this morning.

I'm not going.

I have a cold, and we're going to see Jesus Christ Superstar tonight, so I have convenient excuses.

Last Sunday there was a meeting I also did not go to. Visiting dad at the nursing home.

But there's more here.

Nice people. But in my brief contact with the locals, I sense what I sensed before.

I am not in sync with them.

I would just grow frustrated. And I'd have to put in a lot of work for something my heart was not fully in.

The older I get, the more I realize that my interests are pretty iconoclastic and artistic, and not people oriented.

I'd rather write and play music and read.

Sometimes I get tired of people.

God was wise to keep me out of the deacon program. I wouldn't be with the new liturgical band I'm in if I'd gotten in. To be honest, I think I'll find the band more fulfilling.

I like being alone. And left alone.

My wife, who is a social being, doesn't understand my dream of heaven.

Me and my dog living in a cottage on the sea shore. Alone. With Jesus stopping by for a cup of coffee and to silently watch the waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home