View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Haiku

This Sunday, one of my haiku is to be used as part of an Ikebana demonstration - I don't know yet which haiku.

Ikebana is a kind of Japanese flower arranging. I assume, therefore, that my haiku will be a nature one.

In addition, other haiku poets and I will be doing a reading of our haiku.

I don't know which ones I will read yet.

But here's two new ones - written while sitting for hours in the my parent's empty, oil-vapor filled, cold house while waiting for the plumber to arrive to get the foot of water out of the basement!

empty house -
circles of unfaded shelf
where spices stood

flooded basement
plumber comes after stores close
without right part

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home